POWER On Heels Fund, Inc hosted its 2nd Annual Power On Heels Conference & Scholarship Awards on November 13th, 2020. Throughout the day, we celebrated our conference theme, “Creating Opportunities for Our Future”. We continue to work toward achieving our mission to lead and advocate for Latinas against gender pay gap inequity and the many other challenges Latinas face in today’s changing economy.
Enjoy the four segments of our conference below.
The conference kicked off with a segment moderated by Ivette Mayo, Founder and & CEO of Power On Heels Fund, Inc. featuring a powerful Q&A with our speakers.
- Fleriser Bello – Bella Fashionistas Inc.
- Patricia Mota – President & CEO of Hispanic Alliance of Career Enhancement (HACE)
2020 Power Heel Awards
Power On Heels Fund, Inc. then honored six community leaders whose outstanding community efforts model the ultimate expression of service and commitment to our Latina community.
- 2020 Power Heel Community Award Recipients
- Power Partner – Melissa Vela – BBVA
- Power Player – Frances Castañeda Dyess Houston – East End Chamber of Commerce
- Power Advocate – Cesar Espinosa – Familias Inmigrantes y Estudiantes en la Lucha (FIEL)
- Power Link – Gloria Bounds – CenterPoint Energy
- Power Connector – M. Helen Cavazos – M. H. Cavazos & Associates
- Power Educator – Dr. Adriana Tamez – Tejano Center for Community Concerns, Raul Yzaguirre School for Success, HCC Trustee-District III
2020 Power On Heels Scholarships
POWER On Heels Fund, Inc presented the 2020 Power Heels Scholarships deserving Latinas professionals, business owners and college students. The selected scholarship award winners will receive a scholarship to which they can apply to attend a program/course/training or continue their education.
This year, Power On Heels Fund, Inc Awarded $13,500 in scholarships to 17 Latinas across 5 States!
Our POWERFUL Keynote Speaker
POWER On Heels Fund, Inc. was honored to close the conference with a dynamic Keynote Speaker this year that embodies what this organization.
The amazing Cenia Paredes, Designer and Founder of Cenia® New York
To Donate or get more information on POWER On Heels Fund, Inc, a 501 c-3 nonprofit organization, visit our website: www.poweronheelsfund.org